R3 Floyd nuts not created equal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3 Floyd nuts not created equal

I just noticed this today when I was comparing a new made in Germany R3 Floyd nut versus an old made in Germany R3 Floyd nut. The new one is 1/16" narrower than the old one.
    Just a FYI for anybody interested in this stuff.

Re: R3 Floyd nuts not created equal

<font color="aqua">Thanks Dave, it also looks as if the center mounting holes are off a bit as well, or is that just the photo? </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

There's a slight difference, but you can porbably use the existing Floyd holes if you are retrofitting, there is a little 'fudge' room to work with. Also the new nut is shorter, so you will need a shim (wood veneer or brass will work)

Comment

<font color="aqua">ah, thanks for the info- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

No problemo, thought it might be useful to some folks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Crap. I need to buy a Floyd Rose nut rear mount - either R3 or R4. Just one more booby trap to look out for.

Comment

My guess is the old mold probably wore out, and when they made a new one they didn't get the specs right? The old one looks a little more 'rough'.

Comment

Working...
              X