RR1T wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1T wiring question

Can anyone explain why my RR1T has 2 250K volume pots (capacitors installed on both volume pots) and a 500K tone pot? I thought all USA jacksons has 500K pots installed? Any benefit to using 250K over 500K pots?

Re: RR1T wiring question

Well, the JB/Jazz pickups were actually originally designed to work with 250k pots. That's what was on Jeff Beck's guitar when Seymour Duncan made those pickups for him. That's my best guess.

Comment

My guess is that 500K pots allow more treble to bleed thru where as the 250K pots will cut the treble, giving a warmer tone.

Comment

Well, that's kind of what I meant in a round about way. The JB/Jazz combo is notorious for being bright. The lower value pots will tend to warm them up a bit.

Comment

The existing wiring isn't the same as standard Duncan wiring either, very strange.

Comment

How do you mean? Wouldn't the master tone be wired to the output jack and then to the switch with each of the pickups going to the switch via their individual volume pots?

Comment

There are individual capacitors on the volume pots instead of a single one on the tone pot.

Comment

Working...
              X