Oh, nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, nuts!

I just picked up a graphite nut for one of my guitar necks. What's the best type of adhesive to use to put the darn thing on?

Thanks!

Re: Oh, nuts!

I'd imagine wood glue would be fine.

It doesn't take much to hold the nut in place, so I'd use a dab of Elmers or Tite-Bond.

Comment

Extra Havy Duty Krazy Glue, but you gotta use a lot of it - the nut should be smothered in it. Hold it in place for about 30 seconds and you're all set [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just kidding, really [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I use a drop of Tite-Bond, Superglue, epoxy... whatever happens to be closest... you only want the drop to lightly fixate the nut sideway, not weld it to the slot [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Extra Havy Duty Krazy Glue, but you gotta use a lot of it - the nut should be smothered in it. Hold it in place for about 30 seconds and you're all set [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just kidding, really [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was a photoshop master, I would've posted a pic of my hand stuck to the darn thing! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Thanks for your help! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

A couple small drops of slower drying super glue on the bottom, and a small drop where it seats against the fingerboard. Remember, the glue spreads when you press it in, so don't use very much, you don't want it squeezing out everywhere. Slow dry super glue gives you a little extra 'work' time to make sure it is properly lined up.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I'm psyched now, can't wait for it to come in!

Comment

I have one and wood glue did the trick.

Comment

Working...
                X