Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan in model 4 (keeping the midboost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan in model 4 (keeping the midboost)

My guess is that Red + White are soldered together and shielded, the green wire goes to the volume pot and the black wire is grounded to the back of a pot? I don't know much about wiring, and I want to keep the system as it is now and the model 4/6 wiring is pretty different.
    Is there no wire that connects to the pickup's switch?

Re: Seymour Duncan in model 4 (keeping the midboos

The hot lead will go to the switch lug, not the pot. Basically, if you have phase problems, just reverse the green and black leads to change the phase. Usually green is ground and black is hot, but if the phase is wrong, switch them around. You can use a push pull pot and wire the red/white wires to switch to ground for a coil tap for single coil sounds if you wish.

Comment

duncan wiring is as follows if you are not using a coil split or anything like that...

-red and white wires solder together and tape off
      -green and bare wires solder together and ground
      -black is the hot wire, solder to pot or switch depending on how your guitar is wired.

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I have no idea how it is not to be honest, I'll have a look later. The guitar has 3 individual switches (on/off) for the pickups, a volume pot, a tone pot and a midboost pot.
        Where do I ground it? Back of a volume control or trem's spring claw? There already is a grounding there but I don't know where from exactly.

Comment

Working...
        X