Push Pull switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push Pull switch

Ok.... can you get a push pull switch(knob)that will let u go from volume to tone ? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Re: Push Pull switch

I am not sure that you can do that, if you went to tone wouldn't you have no volume? I think you want a dual concentric pot.

Pots at Warmoth

This will allow you to do both with one pot.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Nice,thanks. My guess is your volume stays were it is when you click and vice versa. Right ?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Nice,thanks. My guess is your volume stays were it is when you click and vice versa. Right ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, a push/pull pot doesn't lock in a value for the pot in one position and let you independently adjust something else with the pot in the other. All it is is the combination of a regular pot that can adjust a single parameter and a toggle switch. No more, no less.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

A concentric pot would give you two knobs in one hole, like this:

http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/imag...ts/knobs_6.jpg

Comment

Yes,concentric pots. Awesome. Surprised you don't see more of these used. Seems like A great idea if you don't want to drill. Thanks.

Comment

the import charvel teles had a really cool push/push pot on the tx customs... a member here had a blk tele with pearloid pickgaurd for sale here not long ago it had this option......
              ... for shits and grins I bought one of these imports new back in '92... that guitar was f'n awesome..
              I DONT LIKE IMPORTS.... BUT I shouldve kept it to play, very cool rig.....
              I've tried for years to get a hold of that exact pot to do a custom shop guitar...
              the custom shop was no help as they didnt use them...
              and by the time I called fort worth it was long discontinued with no further info...
              if you can find one , buy it... theyre awesome...

dont remember the member here that had it... but email me I'll take that guitar to gig/...

Comment

Fender had some at NAMM last summer that had push/push Volume pots (the center of the top-hat knob pushed in, but the number ring stayed the same - coulda been concentric with a slight mod [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

But yeah, concentric pots are the way to go. You can wire them any way you want (I think - as long as they're both the same value).
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think All parts or WD (can't remember which) has the push/push pots. Warmoth used to sell them, not sure if they still do.

Comment

the import charvel one used only one knob though... and you pushed it once or twice depending on what configuration you needed..
                    worked kind of on a hinge or flanged step on the pot shaft...
                    it was very cool....they seemed to last as well...

Comment

for those asking about them, you can get push/push pots from all parts in 250K or 500K. just search on the all parts site for "push/push".

-Mike
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Fender had some at NAMM last summer that had push/push Volume pots (the center of the top-hat knob pushed in, but the number ring stayed the same - coulda been concentric with a slight mod [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I believe those are some kind of coil tap/switching thing for splitting the humbucker. Kinda neat, IMO.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah that's the new S-1 switching system that makes a typical 5 way strat switch have 10 possible switching/splitting/phase options.

-Mike
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Allparts push/push
                            500k - EP_0296-000
                            250k - EP_0283-000

Same as the ones on the TX Custom

Comment

Ok, finally got to this point. Now, should I go 500/500 or 500/250 ? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X