Getting a Line 6 Bass XT LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Line 6 Bass XT LIVE

First I got a BOSS GT-6B. I was dissapointed. It seemed to "hum" a lot, and didn't have the tone I was after. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It had too many distortions & junk. So, I returned it & ordered a line 6....Still anxiously waiting. Anyone played with one yet???
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Re: Getting a Line 6 Bass XT LIVE

I've got a Bass POD (regular, not XT Live) and it's ok. I'm not a multi-styled bassist, so all the different tones are pretty much useless to me. I stick with my ADA MP-1 and Digitech TSR-12 for everything [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a BassXT with a Floor Board and its Great
      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I have a BassPODxt for recording, and I can honestly say that it's the only satisfactory direct-recording device I've ever tried for bass, particularly to get a good driving metal tone.

Don't know how it would be for live use, but I suspect it would be pretty good going direct into the board.

Comment

I have a bass pod xt and a sans amp bass driver. The bass driver wins everytime I compare them. The pod has lots of cool toys in it and whatnot, but the sans amp just sounds better.
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I agree...I've tried the POD and didn't like the sounds I got with my amp. SansAmp driver DI has GREAT tone, the rackmount SansAmp really kicks ass with more tonal choices.

I have an out of production ART Nightbass SE rack effect, and it is great! You can find them on ebay for cheap, and they're great units.

Comment

I second the Sansamp Bass Driver.

Comment

Thirding the Sansamp Bass Driver. Sounds excellent for recording. Save yourself $270ish! The BassXT Live has a lot of bells and whistles, but I've never really been that impressed with the overall sound.

Comment

Well...I went back to GC and told them to keep the line 6... tired of waiting [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] . I picked up a new amp. Ampeg 150. It sounded killer in the store. But, when I got it home it had a serious hissss. I practice at low volume, so the hiss drove me nuts.

So, back it went the next day. I got a Fender "Rumble 100" instead. Not bad....good tone for a small amp. It has a CD in, headohone jack, & direct line out with with it's own line level pot.

Now I'm waiting on my beringer rack mount Bass V-amp pro. We'll see how it does.
                  >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Working...
                  X