Getting a guitar painted (refined)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a guitar painted (refined)

I just got a pro Kelly (from DarkSaga, great transaction) and I want to get it refined. I'm getting a lot of "i don't really do that so much anymore" and waits of like 9 months from the folks I know, can someone point me to someone who could do a decent job fairly quickly (6 weeks, maybe?)? I'm not looking to get all kinds of graphics done, just a plain gloss black with a second color on the bevels.

thanks in advance!
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Re: Getting a guitar painted (refined)

Ship ot to Newc.....he aint scared. The only questions is....." Are you ? ". -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Ship ot to Newc.....he aint scared. The only questions is....." Are you ? ". -Lou

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That is classic [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

P.M. sent with a couple good names/sites.You may find what your are looking for.

Comment

uhmmm Mike Learn Jim..... that would be bad ass!!!!!

Comment

Well hey, I know I could do it in under 6 weeks for ya! Only problem is I probably couldn't start on it for about 6 months. Doesn't help much huh.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah! Now THAT would take some balls. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                how long until that is someone's signature? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Probably not too .lomg...however, they may want to fix the typo...or not. Thats why my sig is what it is.-Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    P.M. sent with a couple good names/sites.You may find what your are looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

They look great, thanks. I emailed both.

Comment

Here's another question, concerning the same guitar. Since the headstock is now bare wood, how would I go about getting a waterslide decal if I wanted one out of the ordinary? If I wanted one that said "Jackson Professional" in lime green, is there a place that makes these, or would I need to get that logo handpainted on the headstock?

Comment

PM sent on the other question you asked.

Comment

Hey Jim PM sent hope this helps
                          According To The Prophecy

Comment

I want to thank everybody who offered me help and emailed my contacts; great stuff!
                            I'm going to go with Paul at BigGead Guitars, as his prices are reasonable and the quality of his work looks fantastic. He's got over 300 jobs behing him as well, so there's no worry that he's done it before. He's also going to paint the headstock logo so I won't need a slide. I'll post pics in the Import Jackson forum when I get it back!
                            thanks again everyone [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            jim

Comment

So how long do we have to wait? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X