Type of truss rod in model series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of truss rod in model series

Is it a dual action or a standard truss rod? Also I read Dan Erlewine's books and I got lost on one point: it says that you can loosen a truss' nut all the way to take it off and check on it. But doing so, won't you loosen or tighten the neck too much? It's the nut that you use for the adjustements right (using a 7mm allen wrench on model series as far as I recall)?

Re: Type of truss rod in model series

<font color="aqua">It is actually called a "double expanding" rod, which it consists of 2 parts. A flat rod/bar on top and a normal round rod underneath it. They are attached at both ends and when the round rod is tighted, it creates a bow which pushes against the flat rod/bar and that's how you get your adjustment.

You'd think I could remember what size those friggin truss rod nuts are but it is totally slipping my mind.....duh! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      <font color="aqua">It is actually called a "double expanding" rod, which it consists of 2 parts. A flat rod/bar on top and a normal round rod underneath it. They are attached at both ends and when the round rod is tighted, it creates a bow which pushes against the flat rod/bar and that's how you get your adjustment.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
      Very interesting. Do you think you could draw a schematic of how it works? The effect seems to be the same as an ordinary "single" truss rod, i.e. tighten=less bow & loosen=more bow?

[ QUOTE ]
      <font color="aqua">You'd think I could remember what size those friggin truss rod nuts are but it is totally slipping my mind.....duh! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
      They appear to be 7 mm.

Comment

<font color="aqua"> Ya had to ask for a diagram didn't ya.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] so I dug through my files and found the actual ad that basically says what I said, although a little better I imagine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Here's the ad in a PDF (Adobe acrobat) file:

CLICK ME!!

..... and here's a few shots of the fretboard removed so you can actually see the flat bar/rod on top:

</font>
        Dave ->

Comment

Woaa thanks!
          What's that blue Charvel on the cover with a reverse headstock and the guitar logo?

Comment

Dave, you rule! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">Pott, that is a 3DR Charvel.....

Thanks bane, glad I could help, bro... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

Comment

Must... get... one...
                Mhmm looks nice! Thanks for the help Budman!

Comment

Working...
                X