Kahler experts needed for interchangeability issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler experts needed for interchangeability issue

OK, I am building a mutt. The body originally had a Kahler Pro. Can anyone give me a rundown of all or ANY other Kahlers that can be used as well. I don't mind drilling holes, but no additional routing. Basically, I am looking to score an E-Bay Kahler and I am finding many more Flyers that come with screws and hardware than Pros, which seem to come with the trem alone.

Any help would be appreciated as I really don't know a damn thing about Kahlers.

Thanks,

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: Kahler experts needed for interchangeability i

DO NOT use a Flyer. They are horrible, terrible, awful pieces of garbage compared to the 2300 series (the Pro). The saddles rattle and they come with lighter strings that don't return to zero that well. You want a 2300 with the heavy springs.

I think I've got a couple of extra 2300 trems in black at my house. Drop me a PM if you're interested in one.

Comment

I agree with noodles.

If you want to bend over, there is kahlerusa.com. Very pricy on that web site, but you can choose from aluminum, steel, brass, yada-yada.

Comment

Any 2300 series trem will do. I will also advise against Flyers.

You can also use any 3300 series fixed trem.

Comment

Fixed trem? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Fixed trem? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Ouch, brainfart. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I meant fixed bridge. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X