Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are schaller tuners and vintage kluson tuners ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are schaller tuners and vintage kluson tuners ....

the same size?

Re: Are schaller tuners and vintage kluson tuners ....

I had a set of schaller tuners that were a direct replacement for kluson tuners. They were exact copies of klusons. The only way you could really tell is if you looked up close at the name stamped on them. That and I believe that they had the screw on collars on top as opposed to just the bushings. I believe they were made for no mod direct replacement of klusons. They came out of a les paul and were given to me but they are long gone.

Comment

I have a set of the Schaller Kluson copies on my 1981 Gibson V. They replaced the originals perfectly. The only difference, as stated before, the new ones have screw in bushings instead of the press in type.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

are you talking 6 in line klusons like used on a strat or 3x3 like on a les paul? and do you want the schallers to drop right in screw holes and all or? schallers need larger post holes (10mm) than a klusons do and the modern schallers are either held in by 1 or 2 hidden pins or by an offset screw towards the side or bottom depending on the model of schaller. the klusons use two screws per plate to hold them. so you may have to drill the peg head holes larger to fit the schallers and you may have some visable holes left over from the old ones. unless you can track down a set of the ones mentioned by the others that were made as drop in replacements. i've never seen those myself though.

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Working...
        X