Filing a nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing a nut

hey guys, i just bought an Ibanez SZ320 and i wanna put some heavier strings on so that i can use it within my band. We tune to B and i wanna use 12 - 54's as they work very well on my Jackson.

Thing is the guitar is pretty new and the nut slots won't take the heavier strings.

So what's the best way to file the nut slots so i can fit the heavier strings?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Filing a nut

<font color="aqua">Well, the best thing I have found are the nut cutting files ( ouch! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) from stew mac, but you don't have to buy a whole set. Just get a few of the thin ones to get the thin slots and then you can use cheaper needle files for the larger slots.
    </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I have the set from Warmoth - NFS8:

http://www.warmoth.com/supplies/supp...seaction=files
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        <font color="aqua">Well, the best thing I have found are the nut cutting files ( ouch! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) from stew mac, but you don't have to buy a whole set. Just get a few of the thin ones to get the thin slots and then you can use cheaper needle files for the larger slots.
        </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

smart arse [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but thanks guys, never knew nut files existed,lol
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I've bought a number of items from this very nice gentlemen:

Link

Scroll down about 3/4 - he's got what seems like a very nice filing tool.
          "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
          X