Stick-on inlays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick-on inlays?

Anyone ever use stick-on inlays for a fingerboard? I found this site http://www.fretware.com/catalog2/default.php

Wondering if there's any other companies that offer different inlays that also stick on.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Stick-on inlays?

Naturally Newc had posted the first instance of FretWare on the JCF. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I was actually going to buy some to spruce up my old KE3 last year!

Comment

I got a set. Maybe with jumbos & a light touch they'd be good. Or if you're not picky. But with my touch and medium jumbo frets they bugged me a little. So I had a set inlaid. ;-) Don't do that. They're thin and wear through easier than true full thickness inlays, and are no easier to inlay. But they have nice color to them.

Comment

I've had mine about a year or more now. Still haven't used them on anything, and I've had 2 inlay-less necks come through here and sold 'em both [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Owhattatardami [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What I'm really waiting on is a Gothic LP Studio with ebony board and single 12th fret inlay for about $300 with case so I can dress it up like the Playboy LPC and sell it on Ebay for $2500 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cool. I'm actually thinking of putting some inlays on my Schecter 7-string. There's only an inlay at the 12th fret and I'm wanting to put some cool inlays on the rest.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hmm, im wondering about covering dot inlays with sharkfins, anyone got any templates of jackson sharkfin inlays?

Comment

I have a question in a George Carlin sorta way: How can they be inlays if they are stickers......would that not make them "onlays" instead ? -Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Fretware actualy calls them "overlays".
                Looks interesting, but how well do they really hold up?
                -Rick

Comment

crap.....

Comment

Working...
                  X