KV2 or RR1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 or RR1?

Hey guys, just wanted to know the pros and cons of each. thx [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: KV2 or RR1?

Pros and cons? That's a matter of opinion.
    I've found the Rhoads very comfortable to play both sitting and standing. Others can't play it sitting at all.

RR1: Soloist profile neck, 22 jumbo frets, pickguard.
    KV2: Thinner neck, 24 frets - smaller fret wire, no pickguard.

Comment

Hmmm then how about the featurs and stuff,kinda what you already gave me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Also, is the body tiny on an RR?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I've found the Rhoads very comfortable to play both sitting and standing. Others can't play it sitting at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
        If someone can't figure out how to play a Rhoads sitting, they're retarded!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Also, is the body tiny on an RR?

[/ QUOTE ]
          Not really. The long wing is longer than the KV wings. If you had two long wings on the Rhoads, then it would be a Double Rhoads (which was the original size of the King V).

Comment

I definitely prefer KV. I think I like the smaller frets better. Kinda helps when you like the shape better too.

Comment

See my problem is that I cant try one of these out before I buy it, because we have NO guitar shops where I live that dont suck.

Comment

KV wins on every aspect.. I've always been a huge KV fan.. the shape, the balance, 24 frets, no pickguard, switch instead of toggle.. perfect.
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

How's the balance on both when playing standing? Do they neck dive?

Comment

Both guitars balance perfectly. I prefer the RR, because I'm a smaller guy. My Rhoads is an '86, which used the smaller "Rhoads" frets that I guess made their way to the KV instead. I'm typically a fan of jumbos, but the fretwork is so amazing on it that I don't notice much of a difference when bending.

If I wasn't a hobbit, I'd be all over a KV.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      If I wasn't a hobbit, I'd be all over a KV.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      LOL Just how tall are you, Mr. Frodo? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm 5'5" and typically don't like big guitars either, but I thought a KV was cool, not really that big at all.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        LOL Just how tall are you, Mr. Frodo? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm 5'5" and typically don't like big guitars either, but I thought a KV was cool, not really that big at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Sam, I'm 5'7". The last time I tried one on, I'm pretty sure the guitar was wearing me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well another question guys, The shape kind of makes me second guess myself...So its this, or a charvel star....im guessing youll all side with the KV? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Well another question guys, The shape kind of makes me second guess myself...So its this, or a charvel star....im guessing youll all side with the KV? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              WTF? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Dude, will you ever make a decision? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X