• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally !?!? GraphTech saddles for Floyd

Guys,

Just saw this today:

Link

I've never had a problem with strings breaking w/Floyds, but thought some of you may be interested.
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Re: Finally !?!? GraphTech saddles for Floyd

Neither have I. Strings break in random unpredictable locations for me on all seven guitars I've ever owned, and I've broken perhaps five strings in my lifetime.

I assume they only come in black, judging by that photo.

Comment

graph tech saddles suck tone like a shop vac.

...just sayin.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        graph tech saddles suck tone like a shop vac.

...just sayin.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

I agree. I never cared much for the way they look either.

Comment

Not only will they suck tone, now you have the string locking screws threaded into plastic!!
            These won't be on the market long.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Graphite saddle with a steel locking block? Or will it be graphite as well? (didn't click the link, and as Sully says, graphite saddles suck tone, so there's no need for me to click it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Not only will they suck tone, now you have the string locking screws threaded into plastic!!
                These won't be on the market long.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read again, the string saver material is BONDED to the saddle, the saddles aren´t comprised of them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As far as Tone "sucking", that´s a debatable point at best, opinions on tone vary widely, same as the Trem VS hardtail debate... It sounds DIFFERENT, yes, but that´s almost all if you´re talking about a high quality axe in both cases, as is evident by most Flody retrofits onto hardtail strats.... For every player that hates them, there´s a player that swears by them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Most people complain Floyds make the guitar sound too bright. GraphTech saddles make the guitar sound a little warmer, IMO, so I'd think this would be a good thing, no?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    As far as Tone "sucking", that´s a debatable point at best, opinions on tone vary widely, same as the Trem VS hardtail debate... It sounds DIFFERENT, yes, but that´s almost all if you´re talking about a high quality axe in both cases, as is evident by most Flody retrofits onto hardtail strats.... For every player that hates them, there´s a player that swears by them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Exactly. I have a hard time understanding what people are talking about when Kahler trem and non-trem bridges are tone-suckers. I think they sound and play godly. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

when i say "sucking tone like a shop vac", what i'm referring to is that to my ears, the saddles seem to deaden, or absorb the string's vibrations a little bit. that's not something that i'd really want to have happen.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well, they can't be all bad. Kenny Wayne Shepherd uses Graphtech String-saver saddles, and his tone is righteous.

Comment

he may not use them in the studio, though... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] just givin' you shit.
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Actually, you're right, Sully. He may just use them live to avoid breaking strings, since he has a rather aggressive playing style, and compensate for any tonal consequences with his other gear (EQ, etc.).

Comment

I have owned a few graphtech nuts and 2 sets of the GHOST saddles.

The nuts are great, and I couldnt notice ANY differnce or + or - to having them put on!

The nuts REALLY do work well and help with tuning stability immensely!

Comment

Working...
                              X