Dimarzio Tone Zone Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Tone Zone Question

Does anyone have a Tone Zone is their soloist because i don't like the seymour duncans in mine and i was a lime green tone zone to go in my Translucent Green soloist. How does it sound in this guitar
    This space for rent

Re: Dimarzio Tone Zone Question

I assume you don't like the JB in your guitar because it's got too much treble and high mids? Then the Tone Zone would be great for you, IMO.
    I put a Tone Zone in an old Dinky HX I had... it was very nice, had a lot of low end and mids without getting muddy, just the right amount of highs to balance it well.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a Tone Zone on a couple guitars (Kramer & Peavey Patriot). I've heard varying reviews, but I like them. Nice tone, some harmonics, good pickup!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I have a Tone Zone on a couple guitars (Kramer & Peavey Patriot). I've heard varying reviews, but I like them. Nice tone, some harmonics, good pickup!

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

I have one in my '88 Limited Edition (Alder strat, maple/rosewood neck).

It rips.
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

The Tone Zone is my favorite pickup for basswood type guitars. They sound fantastic.

Comment

I've got one in my '86 Rhoads, and it absolutely smokes. Not as much gain as others, but it seems to come alive.

Comment

Cool, then i will get a tonezone as soon as i pay a couple bills. I don't mind if i don't get as much gain as with the JB because i have a 5150 half-stack and that thing has too much gain for my to use, they sound great best amp made next to a Genz Benz El Diablo head, hopefully the Tone Zone will rip right through the 5150
                This space for rent

Comment

Since the XXX high gain channel is pretty close to a 5150, I'm sure it will sound really good. It sounds good through my XXX.

I love modern high gain amps, more gain than you'd ever need. Now you don't have to sacrifice tone to get more output, since you don't need as much output.

Comment

Working...
                  X