USA Jackson High Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson High Prices

Why are the prices of the USA Jackson so high, I remember buying my Jackson SH2 in 2001 for something around $1200 included the case.

Re: USA Jackson High Prices

There was a 15% increase after the Fender buy out about a year ago

Comment

My last NEW USA Select was $1385. That was a stretch. The new ones are more than that now and I refuse to shell out that much on a production model anymore. Too many good used guitar deals out there right now.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

OK spare a thought for a minute.

A new Soloist (black) in Australia is $3899. With an average exchange rate of .74, that equals USD$2885.

Seriously, you guys are breaking my heart...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          There was a 15% increase after the Fender buy out about a year ago

[/ QUOTE ]
          plus they implemented a MAP pricing structure (I know, it's redundant - Minimum Advertised Price pricing structure; it's a ATM machines, or ABS braking systems)
          so now dealers can't advertise their best deal. If you want a dealer's best price, you need to contact them.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey VitaminG, do you see many US models in shops up there? New or used.. I have a hard time finding ANY in Sydney.

Comment

I asked at vwallguitars for a SH2T and it still was a very high price for me

Comment

Newbies read this:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...0&page=0#30990

Comment

sorry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Hey VitaminG, do you see many US models in shops up there? New or used.. I have a hard time finding ANY in Sydney.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Rarely. A few years ago, Guitar Garage had an EDS SL1 that they couldn't move, so they dropped the price to $3300. And about a year after that, Allans had a black RR1, which they eventually dropped to $3600 before they sent it back to the distributor.

Other than that, they are few and far between. Not too many places carry new imports here either. Although I don't really go into guitar stores much anymore, so maybe the place is crawling with them now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I found my Fusion in a pawnshop up on the Sunshine Coast. Paid under a grand for it too! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It is kinda beat though, but it plays like a dream.

A new Soloist is only $3900 now? That's a great reduction. Last time I checked, they were still going for $4900. All hail the free trade agreement! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

The last new Jackson I bought was my RR1T in late 2002 it was one of the first Jacksons made in 2003 anyways that is and was the last new production model Jackson I will buy new. I am getting a custom shop but no more production Jacksons there is no resale value in it. I just buy used thats it from now on. I also may buy a new limited edition Jackson like the LTD 25th anniversary reissue.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same over in New Zealand. I've seen an SL1 go for close to $3000 used [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] There was also a new RR1T (although shop "abused") that went for around the same price a few years back. Sucks to want Jacksons "Down Under" [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Thank God for ebay!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

graphic SL2 new in store in germany; 2400eur~2880USD.
                          you guys are really lucky, when it comes to buying jacksons in the US... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

One of the biggest problems I see right away is dealers over there are charging just under MSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, and will probably hand you some cock and bull about how that's close to what they're paying [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
                            MSRP is basically defined as "the maximum amount you can legally charge for something before Joe Public lynches your ass in the Town Square for Highway Robbery" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yes i think Newc hit the nail on the head. I got the feeling over the years that dealer here in germany take the MSRP and charge that. If you are a good customer you often can be lucky to get 10% off. When i look at the store prices of american dealers they just charge so much % off the MSRP for anybody it's truly sad (or nice, depends on which side you stand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Flo
                              http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Working...
                              X