schaller floyd tuning problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schaller floyd tuning problem

ok so the schaller floyd on my 89RR doesnt stay in tune for shit. i read Jsully's floyd tuning fix, and I just wanted to double check that I am doing the right thing before i go and pour glue in my guitar :P

so this is the bushing right? theres absolutely no play in this at all. its 100% in there, sits tight

and this is the trem post right? now both of these have some play in them, they are obviously moving around quite a deal.

so do i pour wood glue inside the bushing and then screw the posts back in?

Re: schaller floyd tuning problem

I'd pull them and replace them. Metal wears out over the years, causing the threads to not fit as snugly.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

would original floyd rose parts be an ample replacement? should i just spring for a whole new trem system?

Comment

you can spring for a new trem, but it may be unnecessary. yeah, ofr parts should swap out for ya.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

thanks sully

Comment

Just wrap them suckers up in teflon-tape, and then reinsert them. Steady as rock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Just wrap them suckers up in teflon-tape, and then reinsert them. Steady as rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good idea

Comment

I'm going to see if Alpha Music has the stewmac replacement bushing/posts. if not, then i'll try the tape thing

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

+1, provided that you wrap it nicely, that's a real nice idea!
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

On a Les Paul, tight solid coupling of the tailpiece to the body and bridge to the body is very important for tone.

Would the teflon tape be a "mushy" coupling, instead of steel to steel to wood?

I have the same issue with my studs and was thinking of replacing bushings and studs, but teflon tape is a lot easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X