tipe of neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tipe of neck

set neck and glued neck is the same? the danelcro neck that randy used on his sandoval v was glued in to the body, does this mean is a set neck?

Re: tipe of neck

Yes, you are correct, although Randy's Sandoval was a bolt-on neck that was glued into place on the new body.

Comment

Yeah, unless it is not home-made by trying to convert a bolt-on to a set-neck. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Not as unusual as you might expect, veliyasin. A lot of people have glues the necks on their Strats in place. I guess they wish they had a Gibson Strat or something. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Not as unusual as you might expect, veliyasin.

[/ QUOTE ]
          I know it is not unusual, that was the reason I used this: [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I think it is really funny myself. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I did that on the last Ibanez Destroyer I owned (set the neck...formerly a bolt on neck)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I did that on the last Ibanez Destroyer I owned (set the neck...formerly a bolt on neck)

[/ QUOTE ]
              What does it exactly do? What benefits does it have if at all?

Comment

I've heard that it adds a little sustain, but we all know that enough gain will give you all the sustain you need. It definately stabalizes things, though. Every Fender I've ever played had a little pocket wiggle. I use to be able to take the neck on my Strat and move it from side to side a little.

I wouldn't do it unless I really knew that I was never going to need to remove the neck ever again.

Comment

Heh...the things people will do for even a tiny bit more sustain. I swear if we started a myth that "red guitars sustain longer", we'd see a massive increase in red refins. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

What?!? I'm gonna go paint all my guitars red now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Heh...the things people will do for even a tiny bit more sustain. I swear if we started a myth that "red guitars sustain longer", we'd see a massive increase in red refins. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Actually red is a thicker pigment, hence a more dense paint, therefore making it sustain much longer than a black guitar........

not..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

that only apply to car...red car always go faster.

Comment

so you just glue the strat neck in to the body just where you would bolt it on? or you set it in to the body like a normal set neck?

Comment

Yup, you just glue it in. Remove the neck, put a light coat of glue in the neck pocket and on the part of the neck that fits into the pocket, set it back in place, and screw it back on.

I REALLY suggest against doing this, unless you are absolutely positive that this is what you want.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I swear if we started a myth that "red guitars sustain longer", we'd see a massive increase in red refins. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              What?? You mean Sammy Hagar is wrong?!?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X