those mustaine tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those mustaine tuners

What is the name of those tuners that are on the mustaine king v's and how are they better/different from the more traditional tuners?

Re: those mustaine tuners

LSR. They are locking tuners and have the highest gear ratio I have ever seen on a machine head. I just got a KV-1 like that, it is supposed to be delivered on Friday, can't wait!

Anyone who is knowledgable on this? Are there any tricks to use LSRs? Can they be used with higher gauge strings? Is it easy to string to guitar as it seems from the instructions on their official site?

Comment

LSR tuners

I have no experience with them, so I cannot comment.

Comment

They are nice once you get used to them....you can use different string gauges.
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

arent you supposed to be able to use different gauges with all tuners? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

40:1!!!! Wtf!
            I was gonna say that it must take eons to tune those bitches up, but then I realized they're locking tuners....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              arent you supposed to be able to use different gauges with all tuners? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Well sometimes you actually have to drill their holes a bit larger once you get over 52 or so.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                40:1!!!! Wtf!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, the best part of a fine-tuning tailpiece, built right into the tuners.

Comment

Yeah, they have an insane gear ratio. It already takes me forever tuning up my 18:1 Grovers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Okay, since they're locking, how do they compare to Sperzels? What's the ratio on the Sperzels?

Comment

I think that is also 18:1 Gonzo.

Actually Kahler 3310 and LSR machine heads together are kind of a fine-tuning overkill methinks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, you know anal-perfectionist Dave... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Gonzo... mwahahaha! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Veli, I hardly ever used the fine tuners, the LSRs are quite adequate. Just be careful when you change strings, the string locks take some getting used to. make sure to release the locks before trying to remove strings and to activate string lock before drawing the insert into the sleave,
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

40:1...holy shit.

I want to replace the tuners on my PRS, I must have like hypersensitive pitch, because that fucked up locking collar and arm tuner, just kills me on the G, either an ass hair too high, or a vagina hair too low.

Comment

Working...
                          X