Filling a Pickup Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling a Pickup Route

Alright, I have a 3 pickup LPC but I hate the middle pickup, it messes with my playing and I would like to fill it.

I DON'T care if its really noticable as the guitar looks like a warrior. What would you suggest? I don't want to refinish the guitar.

Re: Filling a Pickup Route

A plastic plate the size of the pickup mounted in place of the pickup.
    Please don't do a "Thoraby" on that guitar...it's had a rough enough life.

I had a black three pickup Custom many moons ago, and that's what I did. I can't handle middle pickups either! Of course, my guitar being black, you never noticed the black plate. Your mileage will most definetly vary.

Comment

Sell it to me and buy a two pickup Les Paul [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Sell it to me and buy a two pickup Les Paul [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

those Lps cost like 1500 [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Umm... three pickup Les Pauls cost like $3500 for the Gibson 195X Les Paul Custom Reissue. Two pickup "Les Pauls" run anywhere from $150 to $250,000

Comment

well I was giving a example that I got my LP for way less than 1500. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

soap for a clean sound, mud for a dirty tone. Lemon oil, to seal protect and make it better.

Comment

store your gum there while you play. You'll have the cavity filled in no time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

That's GUM not CUM [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Mount a "dummy" pickup and drop it all the way down so it doesn't interfere with your picking.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X