Floyd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd question

So I got real pissed with my Kramer Nightswan not staying in tune, so I said fuck it and decided to pick it apart. After I ripped off the strings, springs, nut, Floyd and neck I noticed something. The screws which hold and adjust the spring-holding-claws have some play in them.

Now is it possible that this causes the floyd to not stay in tune? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    It would make sense, since I practically screwed those screws all the way in when I changed to a heavier string gauge, and that's when the problems appeared.

If this is likely, is the toothpick/match with glue a good method to remedy this?

Thanx a million, I like you all very much.
    /Thoraby

Re: Floyd question

That is a great place to start. Toothpicks should work fine.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      The screws which hold and adjust the spring-holding-claws have some play in them.

Now is it possible that this causes the floyd to not stay in tune?

[/ QUOTE ] Oh hell yeah.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I feel like kissing you man!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I feel like kissing you man!

[/ QUOTE ] Uhhh....no thanks, I'm driving. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Scott

Comment

Just remember, this may be the whole problem, or just a part of the problem. Also check the studs, knife edges and locking nut for wear. You can doooo iittttt!
            Scott

Comment

that's not true, you just don't want me to kiss you!

Comment

Everything else was fuckign flawless, that's why I couldn't figure this shit out! But now I know hah!

Comment

Working...
                X