soloist volume control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soloist volume control

the volume knob on my soloist is becoming a real pain in the ass, does anyone have any idea where i could get hold of a volume pot with a shorter post and also a lower profile knob. if the control was even a small amount shorter then it wouldn't get in the way anywhere near as much.
    cheers,
    pete

Re: soloist volume control

Why not shim it with washers? That will lower the control.

Pete

Comment

Oh, and look at your local GC or music go round (or other music store) and see what aftermarket knobs they have. It would look weird, but you could always cut the 'skirt' off of a fender strat volume knob and that would cut the height in about 1/2.

Pete

Comment

Shimming the post only lowers it so much, since you have to get the nut on there. Maybe you could use a dremel to cut the post down a little?

As for the knob, I'd guess you could get some of those old Ibanez-style plastic dome knobs and cut them down a bit.

Comment

thanks for the input guys,
          i think a combination of shimming and cutting the post would easily get it down low enough. as for the knob im not too keen on the idea of putting a plastic strat one on there. does anyone know if those split shaft control knobs can be easily separated? i was thinking that maybe i could use half of one of those.
          cheers

Comment

Working...
          X