Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda OT: Need advice on woodworking tool

Guys,

Can anyone here recommend some kind of all-in-one table-top woodworking tool? Something that can be used to cut, route, drill, etc.? Mainly something for working on guitar bodies and necks, but also similarly-sized wood projects?
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Re: Kinda OT: Need advice on woodworking tool

I can't recommend an all in one.... I'm not sure it exists in all honesty. I can recommend tools. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck

Comment

Wouldn't it be possible to get a drill press with some sort of manually operated routing table?

Comment

How much money do you have to spend? The short answer is, no there isn't really a good all in one woodworking machine. If what you want to do is make guitars and do a little woodworking too, I'd recommend the following. First get a good hand router, 3HP or higher, and a good router table. With the right attachments, fixtures, toolings, etc., you can do a lot with a hand router. I'd also get a good bandsaw and drill press. I've seen some of the routing atachments for drill presses, but they aren't very useful and you'll just wind up burning out your drill press. With these three pieces and a few clamps and hand tools, you can make almost anything. The most important thing is to get some good books and videos and learn how to use them. And be careful, it's hard to play the guitar without fingers!

Comment

Working...
        X