Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggest a good match for a Dimarzio Super 3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest a good match for a Dimarzio Super 3...

I have a Dimarzio super 3 on the way that I am going to put in my LPC in the bridge. What is a good match for the neck? I have a Super 3 in my SD I reissue and that has a Tone Zone in the neck. That sounds pretty good. I have a custom shop on the way with a super 3 in the bridge and a HFH in the neck. Any other suggestions for a good, no great Dimarzio neck pickup? If you can tell, I love the super 3. It's probably one of my favorite passive pickups next to a SD Custom.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: Suggest a good match for a Dimarzio Super 3...

DiMarzio Super 2, perhaps? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'd suggest the Duncan Hot Rails to go with the DiMarzio Super 3 like in my Shannon Soloist, but you want a full-sized neck humbucker for your Les Paul, so I'll go with the usual Toejam recommendation of Super 2 in the neck. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Strangely enough, I am REALLY digging my Super 3 lately, especially when playing Satriani leads over Satch backing tracks.

Comment

Yep, Super 2 all the way! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I've never tried a Super 3, but I've paired a Super 2 up with an X2N (my old Warrior)and a Super 2 with a Super Distortion (my Carvin SC90) with great results, so I'm sure it will match great with the Super 3. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love the Super Three in the mahogany SD re-issues, but I got one right from Tim Wilson at Jackson and put it in some other basswood guitars (475, Mod 4) and they didn't sound so good with it. I also tried it in a BC Rich SS-2 I think is the model and the BC rich sounded best with it. Not sure what wood it is, but I think it is a maybe a more dense wood as that guitar always sounded better than the Charvels.

Comment

I have a Tone Zone in the bridge of my new Model 3a, with an Air Norton in the neck. It is a very nice combo.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Strangely enough, I am REALLY digging my Super 3 lately, especially when playing Satriani leads over Satch backing tracks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I didn't like it at first, but I'm really diggin it now. Compared to the EMG 81 in my LPC, the super 3 sound more full and more crunchy. I used to be addicted to EMGs, but I think I'm growing out of them.

I think I may try the super 2 Toe.

CM, I think it was my SD-1 that made me a fan of the super three. I always had it in my PC-1, but for some reason it never grabed me until I started digging the tone I was getting out of the SD-1. I think it's a mohagany thing. I'm not sure i would like them in anything else, but i've never tried. My Recto loves the super 3.

Thanks guys!
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

PAF for the neck
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Jim, I would go with either a Super Distortion or an Evolution. I think you will like the Evo better. Its a friggin monster in the neck. Lots of guys like a different type tone for the neck position so they go with the PAF, the Jazz, etc...
                I think you will appreciate the EVO. It screams and you will experience NO lack of output or gain when switching from the Super 3 to the Evo.

Comment

PAF Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X