Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probs with JE1200 - help needed

hey there,
    I've bought a second hand JE1200 unit from ebay, and it seems to be messed up somehow. the soldering that guy has done on it is kind of unique, and I've got some problems with seeing, which connections are meant to be there and which where done by this bad soldering...

does someone of you have some more explicit wire-diagram from this unit?

I've read everything in the jackson manual, posted sticky above, but I didn't find the information I need there.

I get some kind of beep out of my guitar now, and the pitch is going upwards as the guitar is plugged.
    for me it sounds like something with the capacitor is wrong, but I have no real clue on how to solve it... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

would be great if someone could help me out here.
    best regards///micha
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Re: probs with JE1200 - help needed

The wiring diagram is in the sticky post, just on another page.
    Click here!

Comment

great!! and my state to this page is to be found above!

wait a moment;
      [ QUOTE ]
      I've read everything in the jackson manual, posted sticky above, but I didn't find the information I need there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] sorry, but I apreciate your help anyway.

but my problem is not with the wires itself, just that the previous owner thought about doing some changes on the board itself!
      he's done very unsober solderings on it, and it's that messed up that almoust every contact on the backside with a wire on top is soldered together.

in the page you posted is written, that the system ground and the wire that is connected to the input jack belong together. that's the case on my board, but also the capacitor is soldered together with these, and the plus connector of the capacitor is soldered to his neighbour point, which I'm not sure is correct.
      I'd just like to check the solderings...

I set it up just like discribed on the manual page, but all I get is some weird beep sound.
      the contacts on the back of the board look so unclean, I can't believe it's original. besides that I had to put some new wires in it since most of the originals were missing...

hope you got my problem now, and sorry for my inexplicit post before.

Comment

Micha, here are some pics of mine. Don't know if they'll help you, but you never know.

white wire: to pickup selector
        top black wire: to body of tone pot
        bottom black wire: to output jack
        red wire is red battery lead
        yellow & blue to outer lugs of midboost pot

backside pix:

I suck at taking pics, especially closeups, but hopefully they'll help you. Good luck!

Comment

hey dg!
          thx a lot for your help!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I really can't believe how clean your unit looks compared to mine... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I hope I will be able to get things done now.

for how long are you able to keep these pics online?
          best regards///

Comment

Micha, if you still need more help (or DGs pics "die"), the cavity of my M6 is clean as a bell, I can shoot some for you as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

They'll be up for as long as you need them, Micha, as long as photobucket cooperates. If you need more or a better angle, let me know!

Comment

hey!
                thx again for your pics. I'm about to get the idea I think...
                what I found out so far; my JE is totally fucked up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I really can't believe how messed it is, and what a crap I bought from that guy in ebay.
                I did some measuring on it, checkin the connections, and compared it to what you got there.

I put my connections on your pic to make clear how my board is trying to work... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                the red lines I put there, where it looks like your board has no connection, but mine does, and the black lines are the opposite. where your board seems to have connection, but mine doesn't

now watch and have a laugh;

can't be true really, huh?
                I tried to take some pics of mine, but my cam ran out of juice, so I got to reload the batteries first. I will try again later.

but it really seems like, I need some help of you here.
                could someone please check his connections on a working JE1200 for me and mark them on the pic above?
                this would help me quite a lot!
                so far it looks like I got to resolder the whole thing...
                really wonder what that guy did with it to make it look that poor...

hope someone can help me here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                best regards///micha

oh, and happy birthday tim! almoust forgot about that!!
                I've got your case right next to me right now, will have a beer onya later!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

alright, so this is the best I was able to do;

not a great picture, I know, but somehow I won't get it sharp, and I won't get rid of these reflections...
                  but anyway, maybe next to the lower red wire, which is supposed to be black AFAIK, you see that big piece of soldering? you might imagine, what it looks like in real life...
                  and that brown shit going on right under the IC is not meant to be there really, I guess...

someone help me out? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

here's anotherone.

scary, huh?

Comment

Allright, let's try this then; Here are a couple shots of mine:

Normally though, the solder points shouldn't need to be connected at all on a PCB board. That's what the leads in the board are for. I can't see why they have done it this way - or even if it makes any difference.

Micha, if you can't get it to work, I can send you mine. I just need to get my EMG order first. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

oh damn...
                        now that's a clean board... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thx for posting!! I will take a look at mine again... maybe I'm able to get it working now.

there's a whole lot of connections on my board that are just plain wrong.

it's said I'm not able to take any better pics, you would be stunned seeing how it looks like... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but thx, I'm back to work!! will let you know later hopefully!
                        ///

Comment

am I right with the ligher shaded fields on the boards are connections of the circuit?

Comment

As far as I can tell, the "gray" areas around the solder points are non conductive.

It looks like the PCB board is grey with a green top layer. At these "gray" areas, it looks like the green layer has been burnt away by hot solder that has since been removed(?). There is no solder in the gray areas, so I don't think they are conductive.

I will make an overpaint in photoshop to clarify.

Comment

Here we go. I've drawn in the boundaries of the connections.
                              There does _not_ seem to be any connections crossing over any of the red lines:

Comment

Working...
                              X