Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trem springs

hello all,
    Ive got a Floyd Rose on my fat strat and the trem itself seems angled way to far foward (twords the head stock) compared to my Jackson ,my question is if I tighten the screws in, that the trem springs attach to will it pull the trem back a little with no neg effects..........thanks for any help

Re: trem springs

yep, there are no ill affects once its level with the body. Just adjust the trem claw screws to level it out. The Floyd base should always be parallel to the body. Its pretty much is trial and error, you turn the screws, re-tune and check and rinse and repeat until you get it right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Remember if you change tunings form say E to Eb you need to re-adjust every time.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks Shawn,my name is also Shawn,thanks again. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I actually like having a little bit of forward tilt, since I feel it helps the trem returning to "zero" - and I figured it would be better to have the baseplate parallel to the strings rather than the body. Well, maybe it's just in my head, but I feel comfortable with it that way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X