Grounding pups on a non-trem guitar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounding pups on a non-trem guitar ?

Over the course of the past three months, I have wired-up two guitars from scratch, an EMG 81/85 set and exchanged pups about 10 times.

Before this time, nada, zip zilch.

Just when I though I had a clue, it turns-out I was still completely in the dark, lol...

So anyways...

I am wiring-up a two hum/1 vol guitar...The "problem" is it has a Kahler 2300...No trem block!

Eek! Everything I have wired thus far has had a trem-claw to ground the wires to...What do I do here with this guitar?

I don't have any non-tremed guitars I can reference...The best I could figure-out would be driving a screw into the wall of the control cavity and using that as a ground. However, I thought I would as people who knew...Those people are here on the JCF!

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Dan

Re: Grounding pups on a non-trem guitar ?

[ QUOTE ]
    Over the course of the past three months, I have wired-up two guitars from scratch, an EMG 81/85 set and exchanged pups about 10 times.

Before this time, nada, zip zilch.

Just when I though I had a clue, it turns-out I was still completely in the dark, lol...

So anyways...

I am wiring-up a two hum/1 vol guitar...The "problem" is it has a Kahler 2300...No trem block!

Eek! Everything I have wired thus far has had a trem-claw to ground the wires to...What do I do here with this guitar?

I don't have any non-tremed guitars I can reference...The best I could figure-out would be driving a screw into the wall of the control cavity and using that as a ground. However, I thought I would as people who knew...Those people are here on the JCF!

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Dan, you need to have a hole from the control cavity to the underside of the Kahler route and have the bare ground wire make good contact by being pinched between the base of the bridge and the body when installed. What I personally like to do is take the wire and actually run it into one of the mounting holes for the Kahler and that way when the mounting screws are installed, it gets a great "bite" into the ground wire creating an excellent ground. </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Re: Grounding pups on a non-trem guitar ?

If you have a black tail, you may want to scuff off some of the black plating under the area where you have the ground wire, so it makes a good electrical contact.

Comment

Working...
      X