Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT6 to Kahler

Has anybody tried this?
    I have a 3dr that is cool in all aspects except the JT6.
    The trem just feels crappy and the bar dosen't stay tight anymore.

Would this be a big project?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Re: JT6 to Kahler

Easier to go to a Schaller or Floyd. Why on earth switch a floyded guitar to a Kahler? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Such a conversion would definitely require quite a bit of woodworking. It would be much easier to just put an OFR in there...

Comment

It will require routing plus the Kahler won't exactly fill the hole as far as I know. Kahler USA is coming out with Floyd-conversion base plates to solve that problem before the end of the year if I am not mistaken. So if you can wait a little more you can make a more cosmetically satisfying conversion. In any case get that router out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Easier to go to a Schaller or Floyd. Why on earth switch a floyded guitar to a Kahler? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          Because Kahlers are better?

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a feel thing, I just like it better.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The trem just feels crappy and the bar dosen't stay tight anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
              You can always just go to a shop and have them replace the plastic bushings on the bar. Or use an Ibanez bar.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X