Installing a bridge humbucker pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a bridge humbucker pickup?

Can anyone provide my a link/site that explains this step by step. I never done it before and its time I learn.
    I'm gonna be aquiring a SH-14 Custom 5, and need to learn this so I can stop paying others to do it for me. Its important to me that I learn to do this.
    Thanks.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Re: Installing a bridge humbucker pickup?

Might want to tell us what type of guitar. Is it like a strat with a pickguard ot just with humbucker rings?

In general, you need a soldering iron. Get to the point where the pickup lead connects with a switch or pot, unsolder the hot lead and ground (it can get more complicated if you have 4 conductor wiring). Remove the old pickup, replace with the new. Fish the lead from the new pickup through the body and solder where the old one was removed.

Comment

Ooooppps...my bad, sorry for that.
      Yeah, single bridge humbucker and only a volume knob and jack.
      SD JB bridge humbucker is what I'm gonna be sampling and a couple of other SD's. A Duncan Distortion and Duncan Custom are the others. I've got an old beat up strat copy geeter that has just a single bridge humbucker that I'm sampling these puppies in. I got the solder gun awhile back from radio shack. Its very basic plain jane gun, its 15 watter. Will it do the job?
      Thanks.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

It will, but 25-35 watts works faster.

Comment

Soldering can be tricky in the beginning though. I suggest you try to find some soldering tutorials on the 'net, and practice on junk parts first.

You'll need a soldering iron of at least 25W, or you'll have trouble heating up the pots. For solder, ordinary radio electronics solder will do.

Comment

Thanks, good to know.
            radio shack 25 watter it is.

Comment

Working...
            X