Truss Rod Wrenches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss Rod Wrenches

Wheres a good place to buy? Stew-Mac is backordered. Also, does anyone know what size wrench for the Model Series guitars?

Re: Truss Rod Wrenches

best thing to do is go to home depot and get yourself a set of metric and standard allen wrenches and a set of nut drivers. i've got that stew mac set, but there's still some truss rods that the set didn't work for.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I did that, got a set of SAE and metric nut drivers, I cant get the nut driver to adjust it correctly because the string post is in the way. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Lose the string post for neck adjustments, maybe?

Comment

Well, not that I'm THAT stupid (my wife begs to differ) but I thought, taking off the post equals taking off the string which may cause the problem of that string not putting the amount of pressure on the neck needed for adjusting. But, I'm not a guitar tech by any means so who knows? I just thought it would be much easier to find the proper size truss rod wrench for it.

Comment

He he...sorry man, I didn't mean it to read like that. Perhaps a smiley would have been a good idea on my part! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I didnt think you thought that at all. Well, when I first read it I did but [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ................do you think removing the post will affect the neck adjustment that much? I believe its the D string in the way.

Comment

not at all. think about this: on heel adjust necks, you have to remove the neck, which kinda takes the tension off of there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                don't worry about that at all.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I guess I'm coming from a strathead world where you have to pull the neck to make an adjustment, so removing the string post doesn't seem like all that big of a deal.
                  That's what I would do...remove the post, retune the guitar, adjust as necessary, slacken (is that a word?:scratch the strings a touch, and re-install the post, re-tune.
                  Is that post really necessary on a pointy headstock? Floyd nut, I'm assuming?

PS: Ya busted me! Yeah, I guess I did mean it "that way" when I posted, but when you responded I realized I was being a jack-ass, a state I trend to gravitate towards naturally.
                  So, My aplolgies.

Comment

Ok, I'll just admit it, I'm too lazy to take the post off!! Nah, today I'm swamped with paperwork for two insurance audits, so I'll attempt it a little later. Thanks for all your help........still havent found out the size of the truss rod, yet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]7MM?

Comment

That sounds right.

Comment

7mm Magnum

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          7mm Magnum

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez.............you made my day. Cant stop laughing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X