Paint Project Complete...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Project Complete...

For anyone who is interested... My pics suck... But I tried. It looks much better in person.

Tell me what you think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Toxic Sileen Gold Pictures

Re: Paint Project Complete...

That looks great, how did you do it?

Comment

nice, looks good...cool color choice!

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

OMFG!! I'll type in what I think after I clean the puke off of my key board!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K...looks pretty damn cool to me.
        The Buzzard does not fear
        The man in riot gear
        Harvest a skull of stone
        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Super job!

Well, spill the beans bro...How did you do it?

Comment

Wow, very cool. So how'd ya do it??

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Super job!

Well, spill the beans bro...How did you do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

he already did, on that guitar
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

naw just kiddin, that looks pretty sweet. Ripe for playing some "rust in piece" [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Wow, that's amazing. I love the green--I assume that's part of the finish and not a reflection.

Comment

Hmmm. Looks kinda metallic brown. Do some outdoor pics on the driveway (not grass, that influences the color).

Must be nice to live in an area where you can finish a paint project the same year you start it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The looks really good, nice and glossy. Got to give use the details, how did you do it?
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Not sure how Ron feels about the questions asking how he did it, but IMO if he didn't volunteer the info, and he painted it himself as opposed to the local car shop, he'd probably rather keep it a secret - maybe in hopes to make a bit of money on the side? Or even just to keep it unique.

Anyway, it's a bit like saying "hey, cool solo - tab it out so I can steal it"
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Not at all... My Internet was down - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Dave(Budman68) is my witness [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A WHOLE lot of clear coat, and by a lot I mean like 15 coats, quite a bit of wet block sanding and just buffing it up to a shine with a good compound.

I'm starting another one today and I am going to document it picture by picture with different products that I used (listen to me.. Like I'm a pro - NOT!!!). Better than nothing I suppose - hehe. Hey I'm trying.

It will be a long time till I can get something pro going. And in all honesty as time consuming and tedious as this was... I'm not truly sure it is worth it to do a paint job yourself. I said numerous times during this I could just as easily work 1/4 of that in overtime and pay someone else to do it.

Thanks for all the nice words [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info. I have a couple of bodies I want to paint and I hope mine come out as good as yours did.
                          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Looks good, Ron. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice job Ron! Obviously most folks can't appreciate the true beauty of that color without seeing it in person....but I can. Very nice goddamn job!!!!!
                              [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X