Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was the dimarzio pup that sounded like EVH's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was the dimarzio pup that sounded like EVH's?

The pup that sounded like the bridge pup in a Wolfgang guitar (popular pickups)

Im jsut curious, because i seem to recall people saying dimarzio has a VERY similar pup on the market branded under a different name. If im wrong, please correct me.

Re: what was the dimarzio pup that sounded like EVH\'s?

The Tone Zone.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: what was the dimarzio pup that sounded like EVH\'s?

toejam has it right...

I have also heard the Air Zone is like the Axis/EVH pick-up. Some claim more so than the Tone Zone. But, according to DiMarzio the Tone Zone is the closest.

What type of pickups were used in the Eddie Van Halen MusicMan Guitar?

These pickups were only available as original equipment on the EVH MusicMan guitar. MusicMan replaced the Van Halen guitar with a very similar model called the Axis, which uses the same pickups. The closest-sounding pickups we offer are the Air Norton™ for the neck position and the Tone Zone® for the bridge position.

Comment

Re: what was the dimarzio pup that sounded like EV

Larry Dimarzio said, when Eddie was putting his signature guitar with EBMM, Larry brought 2 pickups to Eddie.
        Tone Zone and another pickup that had slighly less gain.
        Eddie chose the less gain one and later Dimarzio introduced the Tone Zone as an official product of Dimarzio because Larry thought the pickup was the best ever he made.

Wolfgang's pickups seem to sound like Tone Zone/Air Norton to my ears but bit harsh than the real Dimarzios.

Comment

Working...
        X