Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wanted to make a pickup recommendation.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to make a pickup recommendation.......

...it is not a well known member of the Seymour Duncan family, but the Blues Saraceno Trembucker may well be the best kept secret in the entire line. This pickup was recommended to me for my DK2. I was very impressed with it in the DK2. However, when I put it in my Predator...holy shit! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Fat, warm, creamy distortion. Tight bottom end, liquid lead lines...explosive harmonics. This pickup just flat kicks ass. I have never been able to articulate pinch harmonics like this, squeal city.

I think because it only comes in black, and has the parallel axis pole pieces, people overlook it. However, if you want a hard rocking pickup that will give you that "Brown Sound" plus more, give one of these a look. I was even better than the Tone Zone I removed from the Predator and put in the DK2. However, the Tone Zone is killer in the DK2....as Pebber will soon find out.

I think the key for the Blues is a lightweight bright sounding guitar, like the Predator. For you Model series and Toothpaste guys, this pickup is a match made in heaven.

Later,

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: Just wanted to make a pickup recommendation.......

Good info

What body wood do you think it would be best ib?

Also, same question for the tone zone..
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Re: Just wanted to make a pickup recommendation.......

Well, I guess the Predator is basswood?

It was too bright with the J90C. It was killer with the Tone Zone and it is flat out orgasmic with the Blues Saraceno. I am not joking when I say that out of the 40 some guitars I have owned, NONE has had a better distorted tone than this Predator with the Blues.

The DK2 was Alder and it was very good in that, but the Tone Zone is better in Alder. Light woods, Basswood, Swamp Ash, etc. is where I would out my money with the Blues. I am just coming off of a Van Halen I high right now...I had "I'm On Fire" nailed perfect with the Predator and the V-Amp Pro combo...it was sick.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
      X