Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rhoads RR3 Jackson Question

Hey everyone,

I am a 16 year old guitarist new to this board and have a RR3 Jackson.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...tno=RR3_Rhoads

I recently had it professionally set up(Action Set,etc.) It is my secondary guitar but I use often. When I dive with the Whammy bar, the guitar falls out of tune. Does anyone have any recommendations on fixing this. Is there some part I could upgrade because this guitar is stock and has had nothing done.

Thanks For your help

Re: Randy Rhoads RR3 Jackson Question

Welcome to the board!

Usually when a guys around here at shops set up a guitar with a Floyd with fresh strings, they won't lock the locking nuts so the strings can stretch by the time the owner comes to pick it up. Check if the nut is locked (the nuts are nice and tight). If the strings aren't locked in, then that's your problem right there. Good luck...

Comment

Has it always been like that, or did it start after the setup?

If the nut is locked, check so the strings aren't slipping at the nut anyway. You should be able to depress the strings behind the nut and not have them change pitch.

If you're really unlucky, it may be that the knife edges or the trem posts have gone bad. The JT580LP trem is a piece of junk. Well - it works great until you start to wear it out. By the time the knife edges get worn, the tuning will start going all over the place.

Comment

In addition to what's already been suggested:

Are the strings stretched out? Every time you change strings, you should spend a few minutes stretching them.

Is the angle of the bridge set correctly? The base plate should be roughly parallel to the face of the guitar.

Comment

Working...
        X