Need info on a 1992 RR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on a 1992 RR1

We have the 2003 Jackson Electronics manual, but I looking for anything on 1992 electronics. My RR1 has a J80 and a J90C, and active electronic. I'd like to know which type I have, and what the tone knobs are supposed to do (is one an active treble, and one an active bass? When they are set to the 1/2 way point, is that a flat EQ?)

Thanks,

Don

Re: Need info on a 1992 RR1

3 knobs or two?

Sounds like someone put a JE2000 bass board in it if you're getting treble and bass boost/cut and a center stop.

Could be a Gain Boost, where one knob is the tone, one the volume, and the other is the Gain. That's usually mistooken for the bass/treble board.

I doubt it's the Mid-Sweep as found on Fusions, as there'd hafta be a switch to activate it.

Unfortunatly, they didn't mark the boards with the model #s [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

At any rate, the 2003 electronics manual should be no different than the 92 manual, except for the PC and JJ (if those are in there?)
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      3 knobs or two?

[/ QUOTE ]
      VERY important
      [ QUOTE ]
      Sounds like someone put a JE2000 bass board in it if you're getting treble and bass boost/cut and a center stop.

[/ QUOTE ] If that´s what he really has, it´s possible...

[ QUOTE ]
      Could be a Gain Boost, where one knob is the tone, one the volume, and the other is the Gain. That's usually mistooken for the bass/treble board.

[/ QUOTE ]
      The gain boost (JE-1000) only has 1-2 knobs and 0-1 switches (depending on exact model). the trim pot for the actuall gain amount in in teh elecs cavity directly on the board.

[ QUOTE ]
      I doubt it's the Mid-Sweep as found on Fusions, as there'd hafta be a switch to activate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Model 6 and Fusion both have the JE-1200 board in there...it´s a 3 knob / no switch setup... If his rhoads has 3 knobs, this preamp is by far the most likely, as it´s the only Jackson guitar preamp w 3 knobs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
      Unfortunatly, they didn't mark the boards with the model #s [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] IMO unnecessary, they all have defining features which make them hard to confuse.

[ QUOTE ]
      At any rate, the 2003 electronics manual should be no different than the 92 manual, except for the PC and JJ (if those are in there?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, in 2k3 jackson had long stopped makign PUPS ans boards, I´ve always wondered how it got the name "2003 manual" in the first place....

Comment

Oh that sucks, I click a button and all my post is gone!

3 knobs. It could be Volume, Treble, and (I now think) Gain (gain seems to kick in the bass a lot, hence, I thought it was a bass boost). No switches at all, no push/pull pots.

The board is mounted to the body; the pots are NOT mounted on the PC board - they are wired to it. Must be an earlier one before they had the pots mounted to the board. white wires connect the pots to the board.

No center stops, so I doubt it's a JE-2000. It just seemed like a bass boost because bass seems more accented with the gain, and treble when the gain is killed.

Gain boost sounds right, but it has three knobs. First is definitely volume, second is your typical treble, and I think the third is just gain. No wah effects or sweeps, just twangier to more driven.

Comment

<font color="aqua">what you have is the J1200 which is the mid boost system as found on Model 4's and 6's as well. Good chance that someone changed the volume pot and it was rewired. </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            ..... and (I now think) Gain (gain seems to kick in the bass a lot, hence, I thought it was a bass boost). No switches at all, no push/pull pots....... First is definitely volume, second is your typical treble, and I think the third is just gain. No wah effects or sweeps, just twangier to more driven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely the Je-1200 Mid Boost (what you describe as a "gain boost" with added bass is actually just a 6dB boost in the mids) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Definitely been rewired, as a rule the Mid boost is generally in the middle, and the volume pot is supposed to be mounted directly to the board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              ..... and (I now think) Gain (gain seems to kick in the bass a lot, hence, I thought it was a bass boost). No switches at all, no push/pull pots....... First is definitely volume, second is your typical treble, and I think the third is just gain. No wah effects or sweeps, just twangier to more driven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely the Je-1200 Mid Boost (what you describe as a "gain boost" with added bass is actually just a 6dB boost in the mids) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Definitely been rewired, as a rule the Mid boost is generally in the middle, and the volume pot is supposed to be mounted directly to the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">woops! Forgot about the "E" in JE-1200! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Interesting about the mid boost being in the middle Tim, is that standard on Rhoads only guitars? On the Model 4's and 6's, the midboost is always the 3rd control on the guitar and the tone is in the middle. </font>
              Dave ->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">woops! Forgot about the "E" in JE-1200! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Interesting about the mid boost being in the middle Tim, is that standard on Rhoads only guitars? On the Model 4's and 6's, the midboost is always the 3rd control on the guitar and the tone is in the middle. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I´m not 100% sure, but interestingly enough all the ones I´ve seen firsthand had the boost in the middle, including my Model 6.... And I remember when I was wiring my fusion, the wires wouldn´t have allowed any other setup.... SO I always figured that was standard.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I´m not 100% sure, but interestingly enough all the ones I´ve seen firsthand had the boost in the middle, including my Model 6.... And I remember when I was wiring my fusion, the wires wouldn´t have allowed any other setup.... SO I always figured that was standard.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua"> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] wow, really? That is very weird! Every Model 6 and 4 I've owned (I've owned about 4 Model 6's and 6 Model 4's, one of which was basically N.O.S.) and they all have/had the mid boost in the third position. I think I'll start a thread in the Import series area to find out a little more on this. Thanks for the input Tim- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                  X