Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use a Warmoth neck on a 1984 Kramer Baretta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use a Warmoth neck on a 1984 Kramer Baretta?

Can I use a Warmoth strathead neck on a 1984 Kramer Baretta (the one with the banana headstock)?

Re: Can I use a Warmoth neck on a 1984 Kramer Baretta?

As long as the Warmoth is the same # of fret and scale you should be able to fit that into the pocket without a problem other than it may be a loose fit. The only issue would be the hole pattern on the Kramer plate is slightly different if the warmoth neck was previously mounted to another guitar like a Fender.

I just took a a couple Warmoth stratheads and tested them into my Kramer Baretta body for fit.. it was a little loose...you might need to shim.

Comment

Re: Can I use a Warmoth neck on a 1984 Kramer Baretta?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is shimming and how do I do it on a Kramer body? The neck will be a new Warmoth neck.

Comment

Re: Can I use a Warmoth neck on a 1984 Kramer Bare

uh, why would you be putting a neck into a 1984 baretta. Arn't those worth alot these days?
        www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Is just that I would like to experiment with different necks.

Comment

A shim would be the same as..let's say, sticking a couple thin or medium guitar picks that have been cut to shape on one or both sides of the pocket to tighten up any possibility of shifting side to side. You can use any material you'd like tho to whatever degree you want...wood, plastic, paper, metal..
            Metal or plastic would probably be most durable in thin thicknesses.

Comment

Thanks Charvelguy. I'm still don't know if I get that neck, but at least I know now what I'll have to do to make it work.

Comment

you betcha.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X