Pickup cover for 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup cover for 7 string

I am going to upgrade my old ibanez 7 string with a EMG 81-7 in the bridge so i am looking for a emg style pickup cover for the stock neck humbucker, i found some 6 string covers at allparts.com but can't find a 7 string version.

Does anyone know of a place where i can get these ?

Re: Pickup cover for 7 string

Ask Brian at www.universaljems.com Not sure, but he may have some or know of a place that does. Though, I'm not really sure why you'd want to cover up the pup anyway.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The pickup i want to cover is a ugly rusted stock one, when i put the emg in the bridge i'll only connect that one to the electronics, for the style of metal i play on that guitar i don't seem to use the neck pickup anyway.

Thanx for the link, i'll check that out.

Comment

Best solution for a pickup you don't use: Disconnect and put a tape on the cavity. Problem solved. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Best solution for a pickup you don't use: Disconnect and put a tape on the cavity. Problem solved. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like the look of tape on your guitar [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">maybe you could buy 2 black covers and cut a small part off of one end of each of them and glue them back together so that the final length would fit the 7 string pickup? If you used black epoxy and sanded them really smooth after gluing, it would look great! </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
            X