Quick 18V EMG help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick 18V EMG help please

I am pretty excited...I am the worst technical person in the world and managed to hook-up an EMG 85 and an 81 from used parts and it actually works, lol!

Now I want to go 18V (I bought some battery clips from radio shack...)

I tried reading the diagram in the old 18v thread and keep messing up.

I tried this but it didn't seem to work...Is it right (It is from the old thread)

Newc, its simple.

Just unsolder the black lead from the existing battery clip and solder it to the red lead on the new battery clip. Now, take the remaining black lead on the new battery clip and solder it where you removed the existing black lead. POOF... 18 volts.

I really want to do this, but all of the combinations I tried sounded weak and thin, so I know I am doing something way wrong...

Help [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Thanks guys!

Dan

Re: Quick 18V EMG help please

I posted that and its exactly how its done. Check your batteries to make sure they are both good.

Comment

Doh!

Doh! New batteries and everything is screaming now, one was almost totally cooked...!
      Missed the obvious again but I am now in 18v land! Thanks for the quick response!

Dan

Comment

Ok here is what I have in my DK-1 18 volt!

Also i've found that when I solder, I needed to wait a while for the system to work correctly without the low ooutput and noisy signal..... I think there might be some hot current still running through the wires that makes it seem that it is not functional at first but then clears up in a bit!! Hope this helps and I would remove batteries from the clips while soldering!

Comment

AWWWW MAN! All that drawing for nuthin [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hot current still running through the wires? That's a new one to me...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Hot current still running through the wires? That's a new one to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA!! Yeah, I am not that familiar with electronics and stuff, but right after i hooked up the 18 volt system I would get horrible feedback and a crackly and distorted output... so I powered off my amp and when I plugged it in 15 minutes later after looking back at the diagram in the old thread It was working fine and I was like DUDEFUCKINHELLYA it works [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!! It was definately a strange occurrence!

Comment

Working...
              X