I finally got one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got one

I just picked this bass up on ebay yesterday- it looks like it is in excellent shape as is the case...is 291.00 at bit high? Considering the condition, I thought it was a great deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks,
    FC

Re: I finally got one

I was watching that one.

Congratulations, looks real nice. If it is as clean as the auction promises, you got it for a fair price.

Post some pics when it arrives!

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Sweet bass!! I have one like it only it isnt in as good as shape as yours. Let us know what you think once it arrives.

Comment

I was watching that one as well. Seems like you got a pretty good deal with the case, and the condition its in. Congrats. Post pics when you get it! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the replies! I should have it next Wednesday and will post pics as soon as possible.

By the way, what years were these made?

Thanks again,
          FC

Comment

86-88 were the guitar logo model series. i got a few neck thrus on the 'bay all under 250 but the last year or so they have really gone up in price. i had a black cherry 3b in great shape with a non charvel hard case that i won at 225 shipped. i guess the days of those deals are gone now
            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have noticed the price of these going up a bit as well. I almost pulled the trigger on a really nice red 2B last year but didn't and it ended up selling for around 200.00...I was kicking myself for that for a while :-)

Thanks again for the replies!

FC

Comment

The bass arrived yesterday just as described. Not a mark on it aside from a little nick in the headstock, plastic covering still on the control cavity cover and the truss rod cover, and the frets looked like the bass had never been played. Cool color...kind of a yellow cream with sparkles in it. Case is in excellent shape too...it's like someone bought this and it sat in a closet for 20 years. It still had the warranty card in the case! Is there anyway to determine the year of manufacture by the serial number? It is 240793.

Thanks in advance,
                FC

Comment

With the bolt-on guitars, the serial won't help with the date. I think the same goes for the basses. These were made from '86 to '88. With the guitars, tweed cases seem to go with the ones from '86, but this might not be true for the basses.

It's a beauty, though! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

There is some formula about dating models that Mudkicker has worked out. I'm not 100% sure about it, but check with him, if it jives he might just be onto something.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Thank you all for the replies! Tekky: I have PM'd Mudkicker about the formula that you mentioned.

FC

Comment

Sorry, it's more of a theory than formula, but nonetheless Mudkicker is the guy.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                        X