Floyd Rose individual saddle raising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose individual saddle raising

I seem to have been having trouble with my low E buzzing when playing on the 3rd fret and somewhat on the 2nd. I am using a Vester CS-II Modded with EMGs etc. The buzzing appears to be comming from the 4th fret touching the string, so what I want to do is raise the E saddle a bit. What I'm wondering tho is how to do it. I see shims on ebay for a floyd rose, but a friend of mine told me that you can practically use anything of metal alloy for it so I was wondering if Aluminum Foil would be good?
    I would much rather raise the individual saddle instead of using the nuts on the sides to raise/lower b/c I dont want to re-intonate my whole guitar and plus one of the screw holes for my high e's intonation is broken.
    If anyone could help me or give suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Floyd Rose individual saddle raising

Aluminum foil would work, but you need to evaluate your fretboard. You may beed some fretwork done...

Comment

Making shims from a business card would work also.

Comment

You can buy shims from allparts or one of the best alternatives is an aluminum soda can. Just cut it to size.

-Jason

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

Ace: Why would I need fretwork done however? Could it be that the fret that it's buzzing on could be sticking out a bit or something? Thanks,

Comment

"The buzzing appears to be comming from the 4th fret touching the string..."

That means you need a fret leveling. Raising that saddle is only masking the problem with high action.

Comment

fully agree with Mr. Chuckracer.. it's quite possible that only one fret is higher then the others, so only a partial dress would fix this. Use a straight ruler to check it.

Comment

it does not seem to be higher than the others. It's quite possible my neck is slightly warped, but hardly noticably if at all, and like I said I'd rather not redo my intonation after a truss adjustment, especially with my high e as it is. I'm still waiting to build the gut up to do it tho. Thanks a lot,

Comment

How do your frets look, are there dents in them or do they have some flat spots and generally not very rounded?

Jason

Comment

Working...
                  X