Schaller Floyd Rose problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller Floyd Rose problems

I have it strung with D'Addario 10-46 strings with about 5 hours of play, so they are broken in and stretched out.

I tried it with 3, 4, and 5 springs, and it is set up perfectly flush to the body, and the tuning is absolutely perfect. The minuted I dive a little on the trem, the whole guitar goes flat by quite a bit. After that, every time I use the tremelo, it doesn't go much flatter, it basically stays in the same tuning.

So to sum this up, the first time I use my tremelo, it goes flat by about 5 cents. The next time I use it, it doesn't go flat or sharp at all, it stays 5 cents flat from standard pitch.

Please help! I'm thinking it could be the nut for some reason, as this guitar is about 20 years old, and the springs have just been replaced.

Re: Schaller Floyd Rose problems

It sounds to me like the trem just isn't returning to perfect "zero" position. Try setting the trem up with a tiny bit of "out" tilt.

Comment

Alright, I'll try it. Reporting back in a few mins

Comment

Same exact ****ing problem...

Comment

Check the posts as well as the baseplates knife edges. That sounds like the culprit IMHO.

Comment

They look a little worn; since this is a 475 we are talking about, that is probably the culprit. Nearly 15 years old.

Where can I get replacement posts, and can I fix the knife edges?

Comment

Stew Mac should set you straight!

Comment

Working...
              X