Which poles on a humbucker.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which poles on a humbucker.....

Which poles on a hum are more important to line up with the strings? On a std. hum there's the adjustable screw poles and the flat poles closer to the neck...on an angled mounted pickup which poles are more important to line up with the strings?? Or would it be best to just go halfway between both?

Thanks,
    - Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: Which poles on a humbucker.....

Both, but the ajustable ones you can get closer. So if you can't get both get the ajustable ones.

Comment

Doesn't really matter. You'd probably not even notice a difference in sound if they don't line up exactly. Though, if you do hear a difference, you can always adjust the pole pieces closer to get the output of each string to your liking.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

On a high output pickup like a Distortion it doesn't really matter if the strings are perfectly aligned. If you notice on older Kramers with the slanted bridge hum, the Es are aligned with the screw poles anyway.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks guys!

- Joel
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
          X