Model 1 Replacement Tremolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1 Replacement Tremolo

I'm getting ready to send my Model 1 Charvel ( I think its a Model 1 as it has one hum) out for a refin. I was thinking now is the time to replace the tremolo with a REAL tremolo so guys, what will I need? I've been reading up here at the forum and from what I understand, you need to replace the posts and post inserts and do some minor routing as well for the OFR to work?

Re: Model 1 Replacement Tremolo

<font color="aqua">Dolan, Model 1's have a vintage style trem like a strat, do you have a pic of it so we can be sure what you have? It sounds like a Model 2 but they came with 2 different trems. 86's came with the Kahler vintage fulcrum like this:

87'-88's came with the JT6 like this:

</font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Its the JT6. I'm also missing the saddle/intonation adjustment screw for the 1st string.

Comment

<font color="aqua">I can send you a saddle screw if you like (FOR FREE, this message added so nobody thinks I'm selling it to him! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), and since it's a JT6, you can drop a floyd right in there! Sometimes the edge of the route has to be a bit enlarged because the hardware from the trem bar can scrape it. It's really no big deal though. </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I'll shoot ya a PM...........I checked out your site and need some other goodies as well.....

Comment

Working...
          X