No announcement yet.

Ibanez edge/Floyd saddles sequence????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez edge/Floyd saddles sequence????

alright, I figure someone here can save me the trip of posting on the Ibanez forum.

I took an edge trem apart from a RG570 a few months back. Course now that it has been months of sitting in wd40 and about in pieces, I do not recall the order of the saddles.

I know they are numbered for which goes relative to which string/pos but these seemed a little whacked.
    I have:
    two saddles stamped 4
    two saddles stamped 1
    one saddle stamped 2
    one saddle stamped 3

I'm pretty sure they were in the incorrect order when I pulled this apart if I recall correctly, like the 4's were on the bass end.
    Is there anyone that can give me an idea of the correct sequence? I'm not sure if the 4's are for the outside E's or for the inside D & G. Thanks!

Re: Ibanez edge/Floyd saddles sequence????

??? I thought the Edges uses staggered baseplates and uniform saddle heights like the JT-6? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

They do Zerb, your level of knowledge is very keen. Which is why I'm baffled even more as to why these saddles are stamped with different numbers. I do not discern any noticeable difference in height when placed side by side whether on the plate or off...but these numbers have to mean something. Whatever it is, it must be very subtle.
      I think the fours were on the low A & E? the ones were high E & B?

Comment

It may not have to do with the saddle height at all, but just be a stamp for which die it was molded in /which machining line it was on, so the manufacturer can tell easily when a line starts to develop problems....Schaller does this (or at least used to), for example [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

hmm, thank you, that is something to consider. I guess I'll just go by corrosive wear and throw his thing back together. I certainly cannot discern any visable difference other than a number.

Comment

I was going to say the same thing as Zerberus about a mold cavity number. A check on Ibanez parts list website only shows one part number for the saddle, so in theory all should be same height as mentioned above.

Comment

HOORAY, I´m Useful!

Comment

.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that you were! Thanks again for your help both of you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Zerb=Zoiberg? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X