new KE1 pup question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new KE1 pup question...

whenever my fingers touch the screws, top or bottom, she hums like a whore. is that a ground issue or something? i know shit about electronics in axes at the moment...help is greatly appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Re: new KE1 pup question...

Sounds like it's wired backwards, with the hot connected to ground. It's definitely not right.

Comment

hmmm!
      Hear the universe scream
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

No, hummmmmm LOL!

Comment

thanks man. i'll probably just bring her to my tech for a thorough check-up any way. i'm not gonna start messing with her guts. i'll do that with my cheap guitar (dr-7) so if i fuck anything up i wont really give a shit!
          Hear the universe scream
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

Yea, you will need to check the cables.
            Then no more whore humming.
            [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Paulbag, mine hummed, too, when I got it. I took off the bridge, and noticed that the ground wire was no longer seated properly under the bridge. It loked like someone had the bridge off at some point to clean it, and the wire was sitting under the cardboard spacer, touching no metal. I ran it through the spacer, so it would touch the metal of the bridge, and the hum went away.

Comment

thanks bro, i'll have to open her up when i get home tonight and see exactly whats goin' on. i was having too much fun playing her last night and this morning to get into it! theres no better feeling guitar (imo) than a usa pointy jackson. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                Hear the universe scream
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

Well, just got her back from the tech I just fired. Said he couldn't find anything wrong, but touched up the soldering. Still hum's. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] He told me the TB4 was a crappy pup Jackson just throws in and I should put an EMG in it! Loser! That proved to me that even though the guy usually always did a nice job setting up guitars he doesn't know shit about a lot of stuff. What sucks big time is that I just paid $50.00 for the set up and a little soldering, and I either have to grow a set and pull the bridge off and see if it's the same thing Noodles had going on or bring it to someone else, defeating of the purpose of performed set up. Lesson learned anyway, he's definitely not seeing my business again. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                  Hear the universe scream
                  Whom horns careless
                  And whom God mourns

Comment

Working...
                  X