Is it hard to fret a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it hard to fret a guitar?

I see a guitar with frets pulled of from a guitar.

How hard is it to fret it, and how about how much does it cost for a pro to do it.

Re: Is it hard to fret a guitar?

It takes some skill to do it. If you've never done it before, get some instructional books and expect your first three or four fret jobs to be less than perfect.

A pro doing it would cost you around $120

Comment

a good book to start with is "Fretwork step by step" from Stewart-MacDonald, and there is some stuff online like projectguitar.com.
      if u have some basic tools and some literature available, the most important thing would be patience to get a good job done.. and like with everything, the more you practice, the better you will get.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        It takes some skill to do it. If you've never done it before, get some instructional books and expect your first three or four fret jobs to be less than perfect.

A pro doing it would cost you around $120

[/ QUOTE ]
        A full refret or a DRESSING for 120 bucks? I honestly can´t imagine any pro taking less than 200 bucks, and even 20$ an hour is IMO a low rate.....Over here the going rate is much higher.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That's the running average here in the US Tim...
          Some charge more...but very few charge less.

Comment

Wow...the last two re-frets I had done in Phoenix were each $300...

Comment

Chuck...seems you got it without the Vaseline then bro...LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

j/k

Comment

I guess location plays a big part, then!
                That's the going rate in Phoenix.

Comment

That's the price you pay for living in the same town as Dave Mustanal [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X