Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I convert my 5-way megaswitch to normal 5-way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I convert my 5-way megaswitch to normal 5-way?

In a bid to make my Shannon Soloist even more versatile, I've decided that I've really grown to miss the regular Strat hum-cancelling positions 2 and 4. On my megaswitch, positions 2 and 4 split the neck and bridge humbuckers, which is a sound I need, but I really want the original setup again. The catch is that I want to keep the humbucker splitting capability.

I've considered push-pull pots (one volume, one tone) to split the neck and bridge pickups, and a regular 5-way blade switch to get the "usual" pickup selections on an H/S/S Soloist.

My question is how different the megaswitch is when compared to a regular 5-way blade switch. How would I restore it to normal, or would I have to buy a Switchcraft 5-way switch? Where could I buy a Switchcraft switch if needed?

Just for complete information's sake, the current pickups in the guitar are a bridge DiMarzio Super 3, middle Duncan Hot Rails, and neck Duncan Hot Rails. Soon enough, I will be swapping them for the APCs I've had lying around forever... soon enough... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Working...
X