Seymour Duncan Custom 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Custom 5?

So I just put a Seymour Duncan Custom in my Heritage, and I think it sounds great for riffing and heavier stuff, but I'm not so sure if it's working that great for bigger chords where greater note definition is needed. Something like a Gibson 498T works well for that when youre using distortion, but ain't that happenin on the chuggachugchug stuff. Sully suggested the Custom 5, does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Re: Seymour Duncan Custom 5?

A little lower output due to the Alnico V magnet...a.little less mids...sweet top and full bottom.

Hmm...what are the woods on your heritage? Neck/Body/Top? Rosewood board, I assume?

Comment

Can't help as I've not had a Custom 5 but if you wind up installing one please post a review with your impressions vs. the Custom Custom.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Chuck it's a Les Paul style, so it's mahogany body and neck with a maple top, and rosewood fretboard. I had a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro in there, and it sounded good but didn't kick enough ass. I might just stick with the Custom for a while, I think I can get a good sound by lowering the gain on my amp maybe.

Comment

Also try raising &/or lowering the pickup Boxcar,can make all the difference sometimes,especially with some Duncans!!

Comment

I'll second the height expirements as well. I don't run Customs very close to the strings. I always thought it was a very clear pickup when it came to distorted chord voicings. Also, try raising the polepieces two turns or so. I think it may be the woods.
            I was gonna say "your wood" there, but caught myself...
            If I were you and couldn't get the Custom to work, I would go with a Custom Custom.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll mess with it some tomorrow. I turned the gain down a bit on my amp and fiddled with the eq a bit, that seemed to help a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X