weird fret buzzing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird fret buzzing problem

for the last 2 times i have changed strings of my floyd equipped guitar, one note has buzzed afterwards.....once it was the 8th fret on the E string, now it is the 9th fret on the G strig. what the hell? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

chris

Re: weird fret buzzing problem

Guitars are wierd...

Comment

That is kooky.

Comment

man this is pissing me off.......

chris

Comment

did you check if the 9th and 10th fret are level with all the others? (I suppose the neck is straight -or with slight relief-). If so, are there any low, high or worn spots spots on them?

Comment

not really any bad worn spots. what is really weird is that the notes that buzz change. it seems if there was a high or low fret it wouldnt just stop buzzing after a string change.

chris

Comment

Maybe change your strings again?

Comment

Better yet, just change the one that's buzzing now.
                What kind of strings are you buying? It's an outside chance, but if you have funky strings, there's no telling what could be going on there...

Comment

Did you change the size or brand of strings?

Comment

nope, been using ernie ball 9's since i can remember....

chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      for the last 2 times i have changed strings of my floyd equipped guitar, one note has buzzed afterwards.....once it was the 8th fret on the E string, now it is the 9th fret on the G strig

[/ QUOTE ]

well, this keeps me puzzled, so let's make sure I do understand your problem correctly:

- the 1st time, when you fretted a C on the high E- string in 8th position you did hear buzzing? If so, the "bad" fret that was causing the buzz would have been higher towards the bridge.
                      - the 2nd time, now, when you fret a E on the G- string in 9th postion, you hear again buzzing? So again, the "bad" fret where the string is buzzing is higher towards the bridge.

Did you check which fret(s) are responsable? Is it the same one? This can be checked with a basic circuit tester, even homemade like on <a href="http://schrammguitars.com/buzz.html.

Or" target="_blank">http://schrammguitars.com/buzz.html.

Or</a> did I misunderstand it and did you already indentified the 9th fret as beein' the "bad" one when you fret notes in lower positions or even on the open G- string?

Comment

sorry not to clarify, but it was the low E the first time. the thing is, notes before and after each note would ring perfectly, leading me to believe that its not the same fret causing the prolems.

chris

Comment

Working...
                        X