import bodies and necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import bodies and necks

i'm making plans for a future jackson parts mutt.

a DK-2 body (in the red HRF finish) filled and routed to a HH setup. painted pups, reverse headstock neck with MOP sharkies. ebony board preferably.

so that would mean a USA neck (dont ask me where i'll get it.. i dont know yet) on an import body, i was told that they dont match very well (neck wider or something to that effect)
    if that would be too much of a hassle, should i just get a jackson fusion body and the proper stencils for the graphic, rather than a dk2 body?

thanks for any info
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Re: import bodies and necks

You could also look for an older early-90's Dinky Professional or Fusion Professional, as they had ebony boards, but not reverse headstocks.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

well, the reverse headstock is debatable ATM, but i'd really like to go with an ebony board, MOP sharkies and a fusion body, with the DK2 HRF (not BOF) painted over the pups ..

but will look into it.. not like i'm gonna get it today hehe
      thx

Comment

Igorin,
        I just purchased a Crimson Swirl DK2 body that I'm going to try to match up with a Charvel Model A Plus neck (birdseye maple with ebony fretboard). I'll let you know how they match up.
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Igorin,
          I just purchased a Crimson Swirl DK2 body that I'm going to try to match up with a Charvel Model A Plus neck (birdseye maple with ebony fretboard). I'll let you know how they match up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it a 24 fret neck?

If not, it won't intonate. DK2 MUST have a 24 fret neck.

you COULD, however use a 22 fret neck on an RR series guitar.

Comment

well, the thing i'm interested in is, will all necks (long scale, 24 frets, both neck and body config) fit together.. or are there some exceptions. like i cant fit an 90's pro neck on a new dinky body.

Comment

Yeah, its 24 frets and 25 1/2 in. scale length.
              Good deals with:
              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

ive got a usa jackson 24 fret ebony neck on a trans blue import body and it seemed to work fine. neck needs some truss rod adjusting, but intonation and everything seemed fine, nice solid fit at the joint too. good luck finding a neck man, i kinda took a chance/lucked out on mine.

chris

Comment

Finally got the Crimson Swirl DK2 body tonight and it matched up almost perfectly with my Charvel Model A Plus neck. This is gonna look killer. I didn't think I would like the Crimson Swirl as much as I do. The Swirl is really cool, but yet subtle. I'm gonna put some Dimarzio's in it, slap some brushed chrome hardware on it and it should be good to go. I'll post some pics when it's done.
                  Good deals with:
                  Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

I was under the impression that there was a difference in heel width between the USA and Import necks?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you rock!

time to start saving money lol

Comment

Working...
                      X